Drop in Meditation Classes
These meditation classes are suitable for all levels of experience and are run throughout the year, as part of what is called the General Programme (GP).
What happens at a GP Meditation Class?
The classes start with a guided meditation, followed an explanation on how meditation can be applied to solve daily problems and a second guided meditation. They finish with a discussion on the teaching along with tea and coffee.
The classes are presented as part of a course based around an aspect of Buddhist teachings. However, as the classes are self-contained it is fine to attend individual classes. There is a facility fee of £5 per class for the classes and £2.50 for the lunchtime meditations.
Current Meditation Course
The classes from Jan to Apr are based on 'How to Solve Our Human Problems'. They focus on how to attain lasting peace of mind. Click here to view flier.
Meditation Class Locations and Times
For details of the class times, locations and dates please click on the links below.
Classes in Keighley
- Day & Evening Weekday Meditation Classes - Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Modern Buddhism Classes - Fridays & Saturdays
- Lunchtime Meditations - Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- Childrens Class - Saturdays monthly
Classes in other towns
- Barnoldswick Meditation Classes - Monday Evenings
- Settle Meditation Classes - Monday Evenings
- Ilkley Meditation Classes - Tuesday Evenings
- Saltaire Meditation Classes - Cancelled
- Burnley Meditation Classes - Wednesday Evenings
- Shipley Meditation Classes - Wednesday Evenings
- Skipton Meditation Classes - Wednesday Evenings
- Grassington Meditation Classes - t.b.a
- Colne Meditation Classes - t.b.a
- Otley Meditation Classes - t.b.a
New to Meditation?
If you are new to meditation, don't worry, as the teacher will give easy to follow instructions during the class and meditations.
What to bring to the Meditation Classes
You do not need to wear special clothes to meditate, and during the classes we sit on chairs (if you wish to sit on cushions please bring your own as the centre does not provide them except at Buddha Land itself). Some people bring a pen and paper to note down any thoughts they may have during the teaching and discussion, but this is entirely up to you.